- Solid foods three times a day now (We had been doing breakfast and dinner. Now she gets lunch too!)
- Fruit and cereal for breakfast
- Fruit and veggies for lunch
- Meat, fruit and veggies for dinner
- Start teaching her to clap her hands
- Teach her to say "Bye-Bye" by waving her arm
- Start reading books with big pictures so she can associate words with things, like "House," "Mommy," "Dog," etc.
- She gets to start drinking from a sippy cup. We've tried this already and it is quite funny. The cup has a valve that keeps the juice from pouring out unless you suck on the spout. Well, she can't suck hard enough to get anything out yet so she gets frustrated. So we have to take the valve out so she learns that juice comes out of the cup. You should have seen the puddle of apple juice on my kitchen floor and on her outfit! SO cute!
The doctor suggested pureeing my own baby food since "the stuff in the jars is so expensive." Well, therapy is much more expensive and this working Momma can't handle another chore without a mental breakdown. So, at $0.50 per jar, we will buying our baby food from Wally-World! Don't worry Grandma Jamie, we buy organic baby food! :)
I can't believe my baby is 6 months old already! She is growing up so fast, but each day holds new and wonderful moments. I am so proud of her and love rejoicing in the small accomplishments. I look forward to each new milestone and each new chapter. But at the same time, those moments are bittersweet, because I know she will never be this little again. Praise God for He is Good!