Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice!

Leigh is having a baby! Hooray! Baby girl, Rowan Elizabeth Van Horn is expected to arrive September 26th. Last weekend we traveled to Nashville to shower Leigh and baby Rowan with some fun baby stuff. Below is me and Emily with Leigh.

Allow me to get on my soap box for a minute. I am blessed to have 5 sisters. Holy cow, you might think. I thought she only had one sister. By traditional means, sure, Alyssa is my real sister. But I have a sister-in-law (or as I like to refer to her, sister-by-choice) Holly, who was recently brave enough to marry my brother, Chris. Dave has one sister, Leigh and a step-sister, Leslie who might as well be his actual sister since they grew up together and are very much alike. Then he has a step brother, Aaron, who came with the package when his mom married Mike. A nice addition I like to think. So his wife Alexa becomes our step-sister-in-law. So to all my "sistas," Alyssa, Holly, Leigh, Leslie, and Alexa, I love you girls!

Leigh and Alexa out front of the beautiful hostess' home.
Susan (MeMaw) and Leigh in their coordinating outfits.
Alexa with Emily.
What a joy to find out that the woman hosting the baby shower had a 22 month old little boy! The hostess' house came equipped with a toy corner that was able to keep Emily happy (a.k.a. quiet) for the entirety of the shower. You can see her in Knox's chair looking for something to get into. And she found it!

1 comment: