Friday, August 14, 2009


Very soon my life is about to change. I will go from spending 4 hours a day with my sweet baby girl (sad I know) to spending 12 hours a day with her! She is sleeping about 11-12 hours each night, praise the Lord! No longer will I be concerned with performance reports or reconciling monthly statements, but reading to my baby girl and cleaning up from lunch time. While I welcome this change with open arms I have been encouraged by those wise SAHMs who have come before me to STAY BUSY! Playdates are planned, the zoo pass has been purchased, and I already know that Thursday mornings at the Library is story time. But, over the past year being pregnant and then a very busy working Momma, things at the Castle have fallen by the wayside. So I have compiled a list of things to do around the house that should keep me busy for the next few months. And don't get me wrong, I am very much anticipating getting very little done, but hey, you have to have a plan!

  • Paint our monogram over our headboard
  • Paint the tree mural over the guest bedroom headboard
  • Paint white butterfly silhouettes on Emily's bedroom wall
  • Refinish the vanities in our master bath
  • Finally hang pictures and such on the bare walls in the guest bedroom
  • Re stuff our couch
  • Learn to sew and make curtains for our living room windows
  • Plant a vegetable garden. Tomatoes, basil, mint, cilantro, watermelon, etc. (This one's for you Caroline)
  • Winterize our backyard
  • Get Emily's scrapbook up to date
  • TBD
  • TBD
  • TBD
  • TBD (Because we all know this list will grow!)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shoutout Jen!! You will be happy to know that I now have a ficus plant and orchid growing in my apartment. I also cooked vegetable soup from scratch last week. You would be so proud!

    ReplyDelete