Monday, September 27, 2010

California Love... Part 2

Water Park - The morning after my high school reunion we went to Six Flags Hurricane Harbor with Grandma Dee, Aunt Alyssa, Uncle Chris, Aunt Holly and cousin Jason. Daddy was still around for this too! (Like I said, where there's 1, there's 10!)

Emily was not a big fan of the rides.

Uncle Chris and Aunt Holly were so good with Emily! They took her to play in the kiddie land while Dave and I went on some rides together. All the big kids went on some rides too. The one I remember most clearly (and wish I could block out) was this one called Tornado. Picture a giant funnel laying on it's side and a tube that shoots you out into the mouth of it. Then you swish up one side and back and fourth until you come shooting out the narrow end of the funnel. Ok, well, now picture a 4 person inner-tube shaped like a plus sign with three 210+lb men on 3 of the sides and me on the fourth. Ya! It was that bad. I thought I was going to die. We came shooting out with such force that I nearly flipped out of the raft and came tumbling down. Then when we went back up the other side I am staring straight up at Dave and my brother directly overhead thinking they are about to come toppling down on me. So when we finally came flying out the funnel safely into the pool I asked the guy what the weight limit was on that thing. He said 600lbs. Well, safe to say I am not negative pounds so we were well over the limit. PARKS - During our time there the weather was so perfect (and by perfect, I mean unusually cool for that time of the year. Mid 70's for 2 straight weeks). So in 14 days we went to the park about 8 times. Here are some park pics.


Kisses? No thanks Uncle Chris! Haha!






Here are some pics of Emily's human jungle gym after dinner one night at Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa's house.
Too much sugar? NO!!!!! (Dripping with sarcasm)
Underwood Farms - After Dave left Mom and Alyssa and I took Emily to Underwood Farms. It's this little place right near my parents where you can pick your own fruits and veggies. They also have a petting zoo and pumpkin farm in the fall. This was quite possibly my favorite day of the whole trip.


Emily picking raspberries. She ate more than we took home. It was awesome!


Family Time - Here are just a few pics with the family in our last few days. Grandpa made her a tent in the backyard.
Right Grandpa, you think this is nap time? Think again!

My Grandparents with Emily. So precious to see them with her.
Can't type. Crying right now...

Who is this kid and how did she get so silly?
Last pic. You made it! And we made it home safely. Thank you to all my family who made this trip so amazing! We love you and we miss you already! Come visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment