Friday, May 8, 2009

Mmm Bop!

I am a big fan of the Golden Arches. They call out to me like a beacon in the night. But to keep from consuming an entire week's worth of calories I usually stick with the kids meal. I mean, there's still more oil and grease than I would like to think about. But, hey, 500 calories is better than 5,000, right? Well, for the past 2 years I have been donating my toys to my boss' kid. His mom is a health nut and the poor kid never gets to go to McDonald's or anywhere else fun for that matter. So after enjoying my salty fries and burger I dug through the bag for the prize. My friends, the days of plastic sling shots and cheap miniature dolls are gone. Happy Meals these days come with CD's! My prize was a 4 track CD of kid's songs. Then, all at once, it struck me. I should keep this prize. I have a kid now! While she is too young for Star Trek action figures, she will surely enjoy upbeat songs sung by other little kids. So today, while you are driving home listening to your radio, think about my speakers bumping to the beat of Kidz Bop World. Yet another reminder that my life will never be the same again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment