Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Alyssa's Graduation

My sweet baby sister is all grown up! June 2nd Alyssa graduated from Moorpark High School and Emily and I were able to be there for the big occasion. I can't believe my baby sister is going to be a college student in just a few short weeks! This August she is headed up to San Fransisco State University. On the day of her graduation I asked her if she was excited to which she replied, "No." (WHAT?!?!) She said she's going to miss her friends, which of course I understand. But all I could think about was how amazing my years at Alabama were and how many new friends and experiences she is going to have in the next few years. High school is great, but college will be the most exciting time of her life! I had to take a step back and remember all the sad feelings that come with leaving home, and friends, and the reality of being on my own for the first time. But I know once she gets there she is going to LOVE it! I can hardly contain my excitement for her! I also can't wait to go visit her! I never thought I'd say this, but Go Gators!



Graduation dinner the night before with Aunt Holly!


Eagerly awaiting the graduation ceremony. Sidebar, during the graduation Emily was sitting in my lap. During a particularly quiet moment between speakers Emily let rip the most awful, trucker style fart I've ever heard! Twice. So loud that people 4 rows in front of us turned around to look! Nice.


Congrats Alyssa Marie Sonnenberg!





My awesome grandparents with the graduate.


Silly faces!


The week after the graduation ceremony we had a big party to celebrate.






Me and my goddaughter Delaney! My LOVE!


My precious, precious grandma! (Who just had major back surgery yesterday. She pulled through like a champ!)


Great-Grandpa with his little princess.


My little brother! He is so awesome he agreed to run a marathon with me! More on that coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment