Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Family & Fun in California

Wow, if you're still reading these, thanks! We had two awesome weeks in California this June. But between Alyssa's graduation, the marathon, and Sea World, we did have some time just to hang out & play! The weather was GORGEOUS! I mean really gorgeous. It never got above 78 degrees and most days it didn't hit 70! Crazy even for California that time of year. But it made for some great trips to the park!


My crazy little monkey!
I have no idea where she gets it from!

We met Uncle Chris for lunch one day. Emily took special attention to get ready. :)

Thanks to my awesome mom for giving me the opportunity to sneak away a few times to visit with friends over coffee or a hike. Where did they go? Oh, the park of course!



Sidebar: Is this my baby? Why does she look so grown up?!?!? Ugh!

Her and Grandma were working on their communication skills.

On the day before we left it got up to 78 degrees. Still not quite hot enough to go to the beach but we did sneak in a little time at the pool. It was super cold though.

My big kid jumped in over, and over, and over again! No fear!Ok Grandpa, no directing from those who are not willing to actually get in the pool!

Thanks to Grandma for getting these great action shots! She was a constant moving target.




My Favorite picture of the entire trip I think!

Mommy's sweet girl!

Teeth chattering, she was still smiling.




She was showing Grandma Dee her Baby Dinosaur impersonation. ROAR!

Like I said, it was pretty cold so before too long we ended up in the hot tub.

After Uncle Chris got home from work we met us at the park. I think he might be her favorite person ever.




Monkey!

I really have no idea where she gets it from!?!?
My beautiful sister-in-love, Holly, and Uncle Chris. Sweet goodbyes.

One more picture with Grandma and Grandpa.

And after 2 weeks in California this pretty much sums up how we felt! Time to come home to Daddy!


2 comments:

  1. There fantastic pics Jen, you're mom did a great job on those pool shots. And yes, a big thank you to Mrs. S for watching Em so we could get coffee and hike. Good times!

    ReplyDelete